Thursday, March 4, 2010

Strength

After a couple weeks of emphasis on work capacity, durability, stamina and endurance, Thursday night we shifted to a strength focus. It was exciting to see the ability and improvements among our athletes; several PR's we set and new lifts were learned.

I'm always excited when someone can rip through a MetCon WOD lightening fast, yet nothing gets me as excited and inspired as seeing people surpass their perceived abilities and limitations. Strength is King in the fitness world, and often, it is either overlooked, or for many they are fearful of picking up heavy weights. I often wonder if I took the numbers off of the weights and just told our athletes to just pick it up, would they be able to lift more than what they think they can. I know the answer to that is a resounding "yes". I've been in the fitness game long enough to know that 90% of our ability, accomplishment and success is what goes on between our ears, not lifting technique, or anything else.

The past month and a half of being in our new "box" has been the most satisfying and gratifying time I've had as a coach in the last 17 years.

PR Fitness co-owner, Jeff Porter, getting strong under a Push Jerk. No Fear Zone!

Thanks, to all of you for your support and for being a part of the team.

Be Well,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment